Focal Length: 40mm
Lines of trees, Le Canal du Midi, Haute Garonne, France
Once again the Canal du Midi - did I mention that it is cited as a UNESCO World Heritage Site?
That it goes from The Atlantic to the Mediterranean?
That you can cycle / walk / go by boat from Bordeaux to Sète?
I love the colours, the smells, the quiet, the beauty, the wildlife, the contrasting countryside, the long lines of trees that shade the towpath in summer - I love the Canal du Midi …
If I have, I apologise, but not that sincerely, as I love the canal du midi.
One thing the canal du midi lacks, in the towns and villages that it winds through, is a pub - you know, with a garden to sit out and have a drink / meal on those long, hot summer nights.
I found, just near here, a restaurant for sale - it’s a really nice place - _ honourable sons and I have eaten there, when we did one of our sections of the canal - we have done about half of it in 3 years (we do some sections then call Mrs Combi to pick us up in the car).
The restaurant is a real temptation …. I think I would like that, I worked as a Cuisto (Chef in English) in a restaurant when I first came to France to help with learning French / earning money / learning how to cook properly) I enjoyed it - although it was hard work.
I’ll just dream about that for a while, OK …
17 Notes/ Hide
- achello likes this
- elizabthford reblogged this from combi31dailypics and added:
- etienneobjectif likes this
- smileysonepicaday likes this
- ellaboheme likes this
- debsonepicaday likes this
- fennerpearson likes this
- vcpsychdoc likes this
- janetsonepicaday likes this
- karinasonepicaday likes this
- ruderies likes this
- tonysonepicaday likes this
- vinay123onepicaday likes this
- rachelsonepicaday likes this
- chrissyonepicaday likes this
- lianesonepicaday likes this
- combi31dailypics posted this